Views of Launceston

Revenuer

Views of Launceston

#1 Post by Revenuer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:30 am

A recent auction buy.

I had not seen this series before. I am not sure if i have them in the correct order.

Can anybody add any info to these?

Dave
laun-cinds.jpg
laun-cinds.jpg (147.93 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Please visit my oz revenues web site: http://www.ozrevenues.com and don't forget "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Ross Ewington

Re: Views of Launceston

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:21 am

Revenuer

#3 Post by Revenuer » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Hmm Cinderella's in the post card thread, now thats helpful.

Good to see they have been covered except i show 15 different and there are thoughts of a sheet of 12 in the post card thread, so does this beg the question was there 2 different sheets of 12 or do we need to update the sheet size.

Dave
Please visit my oz revenues web site: http://www.ozrevenues.com and don't forget "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Ross Ewington

#4 Post by Ross Ewington » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:14 pm

The only view that you do not have that is present in Mike's batch is "Cataract Gorge in Flood" (from left side of sheet).

Therefore, your suggestion that there is one sheet with 16 different views seems more likely than two different sheets of 12, otherwise
more than 16 different cards would be apparent from a survey of yours and Mike's (poster stamps).

Now to find the other 14 poster stamps with Devonport and area views as per the first post.

P.S. the reason the cinderellas were first 'mentioned' in a postcard topic is that I noted them (i.e. the Devonport views) on a generic
postcard which had a printed frame to which a poster stamp could be affixed