Notify me when a reply is posted

Please use this forum to ask technical questions about using the Board, making suggestions or comments.
Revenuer

Notify me when a reply is posted

#1 Post by Revenuer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Is it possible to have the “Notify me when a reply is posted” permanently ticked?...Dave
Please visit my oz revenues web site: http://www.ozrevenues.com and don't forget "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Ross Ewington

Re: Notify me when a reply is posted

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:27 pm

Dave,

in lieu of an answer from the webmaster and as an "interim measure", I think that if you "subscribe" to a category you will get notified whenever there is a post.

... I know this could become irritating (i.e. you will get notifications of posts re topics in say "Revenues" in which you have no current interest)but should assist
as a "stop gap measure" until we can find out if the "notify me box" with tick can be a default.

P.S. I hope that you ticked the "Notify me..." box when you posted this enquiry! ;)

P.P.S. I often forget to tick the box too!! .... Ross

admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by admin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:19 pm

I will have a look at the defaults. It may be the answer is to subscribe to the forum and therefore get notifications of all posts - which can be annoying at times, but I'll have a look as soon as I get a minute and post a reply here with a PM to Dave.

cheers,

Pete

admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by admin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:45 pm

I have checked the defaults available on the Board but there is no option to automatically set the default to " Notify me when a new post is made".
However, if you click on the 'Notify me... " message at the bottom left of the Forum pannel, you should be then notified of all new messages to any topic in that forum as long as the box remains crossed [x]. Its a little confusing, but you are subscribed when you see the box crossed and "unsubscribe me" next to it. If the box is ticked, its wating for you to click on the text along side to subscribe. Hope thats clear.
However, once you are subscribed to either a Form or a topic in that forum, you should get an email notifying you of all new posts. Hope thats OK - its the best I can do with whats available.

Pete