ash bester

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
neville milne

ash bester

#1 Post by neville milne » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi my name is Neville Milne. I am a 64 year old History teacher at Burnie High School. I am an avid collector of Tasmanian postcards but have had little information available, until now I have an Ash Bester card no 490 with a letter written on the back from 21 Elphinstone Rd, but with no stamp. Is this rare?

admin
Site Admin

Re: ash bester

#2 Post by admin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:27 pm

Neville,
I can'nt help you with this card but used Ash Bester cards are fare more scarce than unused cards,

I suggest you use the search box at the top right of the page and search for Ash Bester. You will find quite a few posts and a listing of used cards which may be of some help.
I suggest you post an image to the board of both sides. We have some post card researchers who are members and someone may be able to offer more details.
There are instructions for up-loading images - you will see these instructions in the appropriate Section of the Board index . IF you cant work out how to post images feel free to let me know.
A image of both sides will both add to the knowledge base of the discussion board and help others to know exactly what you are referring to.
Best regards,
Pete,
Board Admin

neville milne

#3 Post by neville milne » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Thankyou,will do

Ross Ewington

#4 Post by Ross Ewington » Fri May 05, 2017 12:50 pm

TPS BB contributor Des Beechey has his own website devoted to Tasmanian Postcards and has quite
a bit of information about AB cards

http://beecheyspostcardhistory.org.au/homes/publisher/6