New Member Intro

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
Davo2

New Member Intro

#1 Post by Davo2 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Hello all. My name is David Burke and I have been collecting Australian Postal History for about 30 years. I commenced exhibiting in 2005 with a 2 frame Postal History exhibit and in May of this year my main exhibit (now grown to 5 frames) was accepted for the Melb International Stamp Show. I also had a 1 frame exhibit accepted for Melb.

At present, I'm finalising a 3 frame exhibit "Missent" which will be displayed at Canberra in March.

I have a number of Tasmanian covers which I will be asking for info about.

Regards,

Davo2

Ross Ewington

Re: New Member Intro

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Welcome David! I hope that you find the TPS online forum of assistance.

Ross Ewington - Moderator

Hobbit123

Re: New Member Intro

#3 Post by Hobbit123 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:08 am

David

Are you aware of the monograph that I published on Tasmania Informative and Instructional Markings? It includes details of the known MISSENT markings and their recorded usage dates. If Ross no longer has a copy to sell, I can arrange one for you from the UK. The price is GBP 2.50 plus postage.

Patrick

Davo2

Re: New Member Intro & markings

#4 Post by Davo2 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello Patrick. Thanks for your interest about my research and yes, I was not aware about your monograph about Tasmania Informative and Instructional Markings (including missents). I would like to have a copy of your publication, perhaps Ross may have an available copy in Oz rather than all the way from the UK.

As a matter of interest, what would the airmail rate for your article from the UK be?

Regards,
David