New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
taschris

#1 Post by taschris » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi,
I'm just coming up to my 65th birthday in June and have decided to take up philately again. Last did it as a young lad in England,but have lived in Australia since 1975, WA at first, Tas since 1990. I've decided to collect Aussie stamps only, though might add more as i go along. Anyway, I look forward to participating in the activities on this board. Cheers, Chris. :D

admin
Site Admin

Re: Newbie

#2 Post by admin » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi Chris,
Hope you find the board useful. Please feel free to post anything interesting or ask questions
By the way,we have just up-dated our website here: http://tps.org.au and you might perhaps find some of the information on this website useful if you havnt seen it before. We have a number of useful articles and references for Tasmanian collectors available for download and information on membership, publications and other information.
If you have any interest in joining a club, we meet monthly on Monday evenings and our members have a very wide range of interests - visitors always welcome.
If you have any issues using this message board, or any questions, please feel free to get in touch with either myself (Pete) of our Moderator Ross Ewington.

taschris

#3 Post by taschris » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have visited the web site, and am looking forward to visiting at the next meeting.I do however still work and some of my shifts are done on a casual basis and cover from 0715 to 1945, so cant promise to be able to attend. Hopefully will be there though.
Regards, Chris.

admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by admin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Chris,
We'll keep a look out for you but if you cant make it, you will find the monthly program with dates of future meetings on our website.

Pete