Wm. Archer Skinner - Postcards from Ulverstone

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
mixo

Wm. Archer Skinner - Postcards from Ulverstone

#1 Post by mixo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi All,

As a new TPS Member, I write in reference to Postcards and Photos taken at and around Leven River, Lobster Creek, Ulverstone etc, by my great grand father William Archer Skinner, as frequently mentioned in this site / bulletin board.

Will as he was known to our family, managed the West Devon Stationery House at in Reibey Street Ulverstone, from 1891 till he retired in 1921. I have a number of original photos organised by Will Skinner during this time frame of the early 1900s - 1920, taken by George Patrick Taylor of Reibey Street, and numerous others by unknown photographers, in this region of this era.

I am fortunate to also have an unused original Postcard of W A Skinner from Ulverstone, in mint condition, of Lobster Creek by the Leven River, which appears to be delicately hand painted, being one of many postcards Grandpa W A Skinner sold from his newsagency in Ulverstone.

For more info regarding Postcards and other items Wm Archer Skinner sold at Ulverstone, please go to my web page for Will Skinner at
http://www.skinner.org.au/william_archer_skinner.html

Happy to share the info and images I have, and would really appreciate the expertise of any of your forum members too.

Regards,
Mixo Sydenham
Ellinbank Victoria

Ross Ewington

Re: Wm. Archer Skinner - Postcards from Ulverstone

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi Mixo

many thanks for your excellent and most informative first post ...especially the link to your Wm. Archer Skinner website.

Hopefully, you may be able to answer some questions about your Great Grandfather which I am sure that TPS BB members will now be keen to ask.

I have one to 'start the ball rolling'

Did your GG take the photos used on his cards or did he have other local photographers provide the images?

regards,

Ross Ewington - TPS BB Moderator