Hi, and thanks for letting me join

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
GarethL

Hi, and thanks for letting me join

#1 Post by GarethL » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:37 am

Hi all,

I found this board via a search for a man who I'll be researching quite a lot in the coming months, Steven Spurling III. I believe I might own one of his postcards, the photo is of two polar bears at Beaumaris, taken around 1925, when the bears were of the right age as they appear in the photo, and when The Mercury (with a 'the' in those days) record him as having visited the zoo to take some shots.

Although I'm in Swansea, it's the original one 11,000 miles away, I have a strong interest in Tasmanian history, which stems from my research into the final years of the thylacine. But I'll restrict my posts here to topics relevant to the group.

Thanks again to the admin who helped me join, and sorted out the registration problems I was having.

Ross Ewington

Re: Hi, and thanks for letting me join

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:22 am

Welcome Gareth

I hope that you will enjoy your membership. There are many members here who collect Tassie postcards, especially the real photo types, who should be able to assist with inquiries.

Images from the West Coast are particularly popular with our members.

Ross Ewington - TPS BB Moderator

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi, and thanks for letting me join

#3 Post by admin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Welcome Gareth.
Glad you were able to work your way through the Registration process. If it wasn't for the continual spam attempts life would be a lot simpler!
I hope you find the information you are looking for and always feel free to post your discoveries as others will no doubt be interested.
Pete (Admin)