Board Introduction - Current Member

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
David1976

Board Introduction - Current Member

#1 Post by David1976 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Hello all.

I am David Plummer, red wine drinker, current member of the TPS and West Hobart resident, but new on the Bulletin Board.

As a 12 year old in 1965 (I am sure you can all do the math), and beginner stamp collector, I thought that if I started seriously collecting Australian stamps with the introduction of dismal guernsey on 14 February 1966 I would be able to collect all Australian stamps, mint and used from the beginning. It was a good idea that worked very well for the first 10 years and was then shot down after I joined the Navy in 1976. 42 years later I retired and now I am trying to fill in all the holes.

I now collect Australia from Federation to the present (relatively seriously) as well as its Territories (a little less seriously); BAT, FAT, AAT and Ross (British, French, Australian and NZ Antarctic issues) seriously; the UK from George V to 2000 , NZ and Canada on an idle basis, the rest of the British Commonwealth spasmodically and then the rest of the world if they cross my desk. Actually, I have a problem parting with any stamps and like buying old (pre-1945) albums to take apart, and contributing to the profitability of the Coin and Stamp Place . I am now in the process of getting ready to divest myself of some albums - North America south of the Canadian border and Central and South America to start with!

The worst part of buying old albums is that you occasionally find stamps you just can't identify, and that is what prompted me to actually get around to joining the bulletin board. A particular Swedish stamp will be the subject of my next post.

Take care and keep well

David