Hi from Forth

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
Potoroo

Hi from Forth

#1 Post by Potoroo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:36 pm

Hi everyone. I was crazy about stamp collecting as a young kid but the interest died for about 45 years. I then took an interest in the Tasmanian Pictorials. My neighbour had revived his interest in collecting just a few sample stamps from every country in the world with a special interest in curiosities, dependancies and overprints Etc due to ever changing political situations. Discussing all this was what prompted me to look for a personal philatelic interest. I love learning about Tasmanian history and collecting Tasmanian Pictorial cancellations seemed to complement this perfectly. I'm not too fussed about the perfect strike. Just a new identifiable town or locality is exciting enough for me. Having said that, finding a good strike is nice. In 12 months I have managed to collect around 50% of the cancellation types and the whole process has been very satisfying.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Forth

#2 Post by admin » Mon May 02, 2022 10:44 am

Welcome to the TPS Bulletin Board Potoroo.

If you have an interest in datestamps on Tasmanian Pictorials and you haven't seen our publication on this subject, you might be interested in this perhaps https://www.tps.org.au/guide-cds-pictorials/. TPS members receive a $5 discount.

Please feel free to post any interesting items or ask any questions on this Bulletin Board too.

Pete