Hi

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
sheeow

Hi

#1 Post by sheeow » Sat May 07, 2011 6:00 am

Hi my name is Ian Porter Just a quick note to tell who I am and what I do.
I now live in Sheffield Tasmania after moving from Victoria some 6 weeks ago and have started collecting stamps (Pre decimal Australian) again after 40 or so years. I have also started collecting the states and have found the Tasmanian stamps to be a challenge to collect but am having fun with just the beauty of the pictorials, sorry I should finish Thanks for allowing me to become a part of this board and look forward to being here for a long time.
Cheers Ian Porter

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi

#2 Post by admin » Sat May 07, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Ian,
welcome to the Board - hope you enjoy your visits here.You sound like me about 5 years ago when I recommended collecting after about 30 years.
We (the Tas Philatelic Society) have quite a few resources for Tasmanian collectors on our main website and also on our Members-only website - if you are not aware of them let me know ( try the Private message - PM- facility on the board just to the right of this post or an email will also work). I also collect KGVI postal history and stamps and am always happy to chat about that, although our bulletin board is only for Tasmanian-specific material.
Always feel free to ask a question or make a contribution here.
Cheers,
Pete