Introducing Robert Allen

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
Bobqld

Introducing Robert Allen

#1 Post by Bobqld » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi all. I am an expat Tasmanian currently living in Qld. I have a passion for Australian Rules football history, and am keen to acquire postcards of Tas players and teams. My other particular research interest is Roy Cazaly and the various Tas teams he played for and / or coached ie City (Launceston) 1928 - 30, North Hobart 1932 - 33, New Town 1934 - 36 and 1948 - 51 and the state side that played the Aust Amateurs in 1954. There is also the possiblity that there are postcards or other pieces of ephemera out there which feature some of his other business or sporting interests eg his various Hobart gym and fitness centres, his greyhound racing, his harness racers or when he ran for State Parliament in Denison for the Libs in 1950. I'd love to hear from anyone who comes across anything Cazaly - related that meets any of the above criteria. Thanks!

tmess2030ukop

Re: Introducing Robert Allen

#2 Post by tmess2030ukop » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi Robert

I am a postcard collector in the UK . I recently came across a photographic postcard of Rovers premiers 1911 cup winning team. there is also written message on the back form one of the players, i think. I could not find any pics or much information on several AFL sites about them . I wondered if might have any background information on that team?

Many thanks

Tony

Leicester, UK

messiou.antoine@btinternet.com