titchiepoo (alias Cheryl)

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
titchiepoo

titchiepoo (alias Cheryl)

#1 Post by titchiepoo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:42 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Cheryl and I am a newbie to stamp collecting. I used to watch my father doing stamping and found it quite interesting. Fortunately I inherited a large part of his and my grandfathers collection back in the eighties, but have only recently (last 3-4 years) had a chance to even look or investigate what I had.

Having narrowed my interest down to Australia and then further at this time to Tasmania, I now need as much help as I can get. My partner also loves philately and his interest is in GV penny reds!

I have added to the collection mainly through professional auctions. I am slowly building up my reference material, I have 'The Postal History and Postal Markings' Vol I & II, Brusden Whites, Stanley Gibbons and are waiting on 'Pictorial Stamps of Tasmania' by Lancaster to arrive. While reference material is great source of information, I think I am in need of other peoples hands on knowledge and would appreciate any help the members can give me.

admin
Site Admin

Re: titchiepoo (alias Cheryl)

#2 Post by admin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:09 am

Hi Cheryl,
Welcome and please feel free to ask questions or post information. If you need any help, just lets know.
Pete