new member Jillian Williams

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
Jillian

new member Jillian Williams

#1 Post by Jillian » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 am

Hi

Just joined. Was in Canberra at the Stamp exhibition last weekend.

My interest is thematic and I have a exhibit on lighthouses and kingfishers. I have ventured into postcards. My topic at the moment is Mt Egmont in New Zealand where I come from. Also collecting postcards on my hometown Hawera in Taranaki New Zealand and on Pukekura Park in New Plymouth. I am hoping to learn about exhibiting the postcards on this forum.

Ross Ewington

Re: new member Jillian Williams

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 am

Hi Jillian

Welcome to the TPS Online Discussion Forum ....... I remember giving you the TPS BB card! :)

Although this site is Tasmania-centred, we do have lots of lighthouses and kingfishers over here! Also, one of our most prized postmarks is Teepookana which means "kingfisher" in the local aboriginal language .... one of the best quality examples known is actually in a thematic collection on birds which has been exhibited internationally!

Also, you will find much in common between Tassie and NZ postcards as well as how people collect them and undertake research about photographers, publishers, uses, etc. which I am sure will be of benefit to your own collecting pursuits.

I look forward to your next post.

best regards, Ross Ewington - TPS BB Moderator