introducing francis kiddle

New members may like to introduce themselves and tell the Board about their collecting intereets
franciskiddle

introducing francis kiddle

#1 Post by franciskiddle » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi, I am Francis. I collect Tasmanian revenues, as a beginner. From the beginning toi the end. Does anybody have a full newspaper with black stamp duty? Ever optimistic!

admin
Site Admin

Re: introducing francis kiddle

#2 Post by admin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Francis,
Welcome to the Bulletin Board. I hope you find it useful.
Sorry but I cant help you with a black duty stamp. There was some discusion in this forum about black stamps but I cant find it at present and my internet speed is very slow ( i'm about 150 Km off the coast of Sumatra at present on holiday) so its a bit difficult to do an extensive search. Ross jus might be able to find it .
If you look through the Revenue topics here you will see a lot of contributionds and may find a deal of useful information.
I'm currently working on compiling Revenue rates from 1863 with a view to making an exhibit of early rates. Its not finished but if you have any interest you are welcome to the draft when I return to Tas - and the offer is open to anyone else who may be interested.
The early Stamp Acts can be quite interesting ( possibly surprisingly).
Peter Allan
Board Admin

Revenuer

Re: introducing francis kiddle

#3 Post by Revenuer » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:38 am

Hello Francis and about time you joined this group of Tasmanian collectors. Not sure about your "as a beginner" above!

I know of one complete newspaper with part black cancel duly trimmed off when found in a bound 1827 edition. The story goes Malcolm found the bound book in a junk shop in Tas for 400 and sold it to Dingle. As far as i am aware you have the only complete black as a cut out. If i ever come across 2 of them be reassured one will be on its way to you! Hopefully you will do likewise.

Enjoy the board, lots of good reference material on here.

Dave
Please visit my oz revenues web site: http://www.ozrevenues.com and don't forget "Illegitimi non carborundum"