UNWANTED VISITORS - WHAT TO DO

Ross Ewington

UNWANTED VISITORS - WHAT TO DO

#1 Post by Ross Ewington » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:09 am

We have had a number of occasions recently when a "new member" has registered to use the BB and then posted irrelevant material, usually advertising.

Although I usually find these unwanted guests without delay and ban them from the site, members are asked to report the posting of material that is contrary to the
purposes (and rules) of this online discussion forum. This can be done by clicking on the REPORT button found in the upper right corner of the "offending post"
= an inverted triangle with a red exclamation mark within.

Alternatively. you can send me a Personal Message reporting the post.

regards

Ross Ewington - Moderator

Ross Ewington

Re: UNWANTED VISITORS - WHAT TO DO

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 am

Lately, there has been a huge increase of these unwanted registrations .... 5+ every day ! What they hope to achieve by posting irrelevant advertising material (and often just gobbledeygook) beats me. Thanks to the vigilance of members, the administator and the fact that I have to 'live' in front of a computer for12+ hours on most days, we are keeping the nuisance factor at a minimal level.

If you note some unwanted material (advertisements for sportswear, watches, 'get rich schemes' and suchlike) when visiting out site, please 'hit' the REPORT THIS POST key or send me a personal message and Pete or myself will deal with it promptly ..... it takes less than 15 seconds to zap them from the site.