HAVE YOUR SAY ABOUT HOW THIS NEW FORUM CAN BE DEVELOPED

Seek and exchange information about Tasmanian books, journals and magazines, etc. that are of a non-philatelic content.......authors, titles, topics, publishers and so on.
Ross Ewington

HAVE YOUR SAY ABOUT HOW THIS NEW FORUM CAN BE DEVELOPED

#1 Post by Ross Ewington » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:31 pm

I have added this non-philatelic category to the various BB fora as there is considerable interest at present
in just about anything published in Tasmania on Tasmania ..... books, journals, magazines and suchlike.

Quite a number of TPS members are avid collectors in this field and at present there is nowhere available on the internet
that I can find where collectors can seek and exchange information about as well as discuss Tasmanian publications.

This first post is to canvass potential users about how the category can be developed. Would you like it split into sub-categories \
such as AUTHORS, PUBLISHERS, TITLES, "WANTED", etc or will I leave it as is??

All suggestions will be considered ..... over to you ................... :)

graham

Re: HAVE YOUR SAY ABOUT HOW THIS NEW FORUM CAN BE DEVELOPED

#2 Post by graham » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Ross
Obviously this is something I would look at.
I wouldn't break it up into any more categories.
However as journals and magazines are much the same thing I would list the heading as "Books,journals, printed ephemera etc"
Very few people collect magazines but I get the impression that many philatelists also collect different printed materials which are not in "book" form
Best wishes...Graham Vertigan

graham

Re: HAVE YOUR SAY ABOUT HOW THIS NEW FORUM CAN BE DEVELOPED

#3 Post by graham » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Further to my previous comments today I now realise that there is already a site for ephemera
Perhaps another heading could be
"Books,journals and other printed matter" or at least some general word(s) to allow
a wide range of printed items e.g newspapers.small booklets, programmes,...or even Tasmanian maps etc...Graham