Wanted - A perfins and PPC of Hobart city streets

granne50

Wanted - A perfins and PPC of Hobart city streets

#1 Post by granne50 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm new to this BB and just tried to post a picture without any success using photobucket.

I'm collecting Tatt's material and am wanting A perfin stamps in all computations, Tattersall underprints and picture postcards that show Hobart city streets with buildings that are identifiable to businesses that acted as agents for Tatts.

Granne50

Ross Ewington

Re: Wanted - A perfins and PPC of Hobart city streets

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Thu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm

re posting images to this site, it's best not to use Photobucket or similar. It is preferred that you
post your images directly into a post from your computer ...it's not much more difficult than attaching
an image to an e-mail or uploading an image of an eBay lot, etc.

All the 'buttons' to do the job can be found under the text window when making a post.

re Hobart buildings that may have 'housed' Tattersall's agents, perhaps you could provide a few known
addresses and 'us locals' can see what we have image-wise. Do you have David McNamee's book with the
agents and addresses?

granne50

Re: Wanted - A perfins and PPC of Hobart city streets

#3 Post by granne50 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Typical street scapes that may show Tatts related businesses are
Collins St, Davey St, Elizabeth St, Liverpool St, Macquarie St and Murray St. - I have a few of these but not all show buildings that have signage to identify the businesses.

Other businesses that may appear on PPCards, that I haven't yet seen are
Tasmanian Brewery, Athenaeum Club, the various banks, Hobart Mercury, Stock Exchange, Highfield Hotel, Hobart Turf Club, Ship Hotel, Theatre Royal.

I can be contacted at pjgranfield@gmail.com

Peter