1d Chalon with 'CANCELLED' handstamp?

Please post anything about Tasmanian Stamps in this forum
dazeyez

1d Chalon with 'CANCELLED' handstamp?

#1 Post by dazeyez » Tue May 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Hello!

If members have some time would like some comments on the Tasmania 4d Chalon Head Stamp with WMK Numeral of 5; where I have posted a Video on youtube, of the stamp being immersed in almost boiling hot water for almost 12 to 15 minutes. And no sign of wear and tear or split in any sides or corner or any signs to suggest it has been tampered with.

Please see my other thread for that one in this forum.

Here, I recently bought this stamp of Tasmania with a peculiar cancel. I am sure it's not a Perkin Bacons special cancel where he presented 6 stamps of each to his Nephew ?

This 1d Chalon Head has a different type of Hand "CANCELLED", I believe which I may be wrong too.

Can anyone shed some light in regards to this stamp. I have yet to get an invoice for this stamp and surely will post larger photos when it arrives, but until then I was just curious to ask what sort of CANCELLED stamp is this ? and If genuine any idea of value or something please.

Images as below.

Ross Ewington

Re: 1d Chalon with 'CANCELLED' handstamp?

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am

Alas, this CANCELLED handstamp is a fiscal cancel and nothing as exciting as a printer's marking or a postmark.

As it's definitely a fiscal cancel, it's only worth a dollar or two in my opinion.

P.S. there is already a post about this cancel on this forum

http://tps.org.au/bb/viewtopic.php?f=13 ... lled#p2130