Can list 11 cards from this series. Perhaps a set of 12?
List per card captions.
1. North Lyell - Gases and fumes arising from mouth of shaft.
2. North Lyell Disaster. View of Queenstown - reading news of the disaster.
3. Mt Lyell Haulage conveying the people to the scene of the disaster.
4. North Lyell - A fireman getting ready to rescue miners.
5. North Lyell Mine - Scene of Disaster.
6. North Lyell - Ryan, the Shift Boss, emerging after being 100 hours below.
7. North Lyell - Miner "Linnell" being rescued from 1000 feet level.
8. North Lyell - Miner being rescued from 1000ft level.
9.North Lyell - First Miner emerging from the tunnel.
10. North Lyell - Around a Miner (who has just come out of the tunnel) to get the latest.
11. North Lyell - Waiting for news at the mouth of tunnel.
No printers or photographers name, only the word "Copyright" on the bottom right hand side of each card. Back of cards only has the words "Post Card", "Correspondence", "address" and "Stamp". All my copies are unused. All the cards are black and white and are printed on poor quility paper.
Postcard No11 has been rubber stamped "Doherty's, Books & Fancy Shop, Mylan Bldgs. Burnie". Card No2 shows a crowd in Orr Street outside AA Mylan's Bookshop and Newsagent shop. Perhaps the cards were published by Mylan's. Miss AA Mylan is known to have published a set of 12 coloured postcards of views around the Queenstown area c 1906. It would appear that the publisher was in such a rush to get the cards onto the market that they forgot to acknowledge either the photographer or the publisher.
I have a feeling that these images were published in the local news paper (Mt Lyell Standard?). Perhaps they might give credit to the photographer.
If any one can add to the list or add more information, I would be very interested.
Last edited by Mike
on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.