Books on Tasmanan Postmasters, Post Offices and Town histories

John Hardinge

Books on Tasmanan Postmasters, Post Offices and Town histories

#1 Post by John Hardinge » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:49 pm

Just to let people know that I am in the process of publishing what I hope will be a full 30 books on Tasmanian Post Offices, Postmasters, Postal Markings and town histories for every Tasmanian Post Office via Kindle Direct Publishing.

Each E-Book(they are only E-Books) has a history of each town, with many historic photos, a complete list of postmasters and postmistress to 1976, a list of each of the postal markings to 1976, with early and late date and illustrations thereof, as well as notes. 99.5% of the CDS's are illustrated.

It will be done by municipal area, with Bruny Island separate from mainland Kingborough Council, so 30 in all. So far, I have done the following: Hobart, Glenorchy, Dorset, George Town, Break O'Day and Glamorgan-Spring Bay. Working on West Coast and Brighton. Long way to go.

I started doing this for myself for research purposes, but thought people might be interested. Each one is up with a nominal fee. Between $3 and $4 per book. If you are interested, feel free to copy the link below to the Book series, currently up to Book 6 of 30.

John Hardinge

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/series/CBX ... ity=series

admin
Site Admin

Re: Books on Tasmanan Postmasters, Post Offices and Town histories

#2 Post by admin » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:06 am

Many thanks John.
This will be a goldmine of information for Tasmanian Postal History enthusiasts.

Pete