West Coast Post offices and Errizobell

Geoff Dane

West Coast Post offices and Errizobell

#1 Post by Geoff Dane » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:59 pm

In the back of a reference book I purchased some time ago there were a number of articles from Tasmanian newspapers with a stamp theme. Attached below are a couple of them. The age of the articles means that the information has been superceded by Vol 2 of the Green Books and other places but when was the last time a general interest article in a newspaper had a stamp theme?

Ross Ewington

Re: West Coast Post offices and Errizobell

#2 Post by Ross Ewington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:32 am

Thanks Geoff, I have not seen these newspaper clippings before although there is a mention of them on the State Library of Tasmania online index.

Paul Edwards was one of the team of collectors who put collecting Tasmanian postmarks, postal markings and perfins "on the map" in the 1950s/70s
period. It is interesting to note that John Avery (another contributor to Part II of the "Green Books") was a journalist working at "The Advocate" around
the time these articles were printed.

P.S. I think the "jury is still out" (since 1967) though in regard to Errizobell.

Geoff Dane

Re: West Coast Post offices and Errizobell

#3 Post by Geoff Dane » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 pm

As well as several articles by Paul Edwards there were a couple of (non Tasmania) articles by John Avery in the Express from 1966 and 1967. He mentioned the cost of a 5/- Bridge at $50. Below are 2 other articles by Paul Edwards.